Friday, July 22, 2011

Me @ 38


So another year has crept by and I am kicking myself for missing my "mel @ 37" last year. BUT not deterred here is my "Me at 38".

Apologies for dodgy camera work - cellphone had to suffice today.

Journalling as follows:

think this may well have been the hardest year for me. Not in terms of dealing with kids or any external stuff. Purely dealing with myself. The real me. Whoever she is. I think my wheels started spinning a few weeks before my 38th birthday when I got vertigo – Outwardly I appeared fine but internally I was a mess. Once diagnosed I was relieved but I still had to deal with the condition which ended up lasting almost 4months. During this time I came face to face with my demons. My anxiety hit an all time high – I couldnt stop worrying about everything. My body responded with more and more weird symptoms and so the cycle continued.


I have slowly fought my way back from the edge. I have looked into that deep pit called Anxiety. I may have dipped a big toe in it but thankfully I managed to turn my back and walk in the other direction. Toward Hope. Toward Grace. Toward Faith.


This has been a year of discovery. Of finding what really matters to me and finding ways to execute a meaningful existence. I dont want life to happen around me. I want to drink it, taste it and feel it every day. I never want to look back with regret. Ever.


See my other *birthday* layouts here.

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

You did it!
Hooray.
So glad you're back from the edge.
Great LO and am loving the new feel of the blog, great new background.

Isabel said...

Beautiful layout! I started as a paper scrapper but then move to digital.
Nice blog you have here, glad you are back and having fun scrapping your pages.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

what lovely journalling, Mel!

Thanks so much for linking your project - I love it and think the other people will enjoy it too!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Linking over from Marcia's blog...what a beautiful page, and what a powerful journal entry.

Glad you feel you're heading in the right direction, and happy birthday!

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

Hopping over from Marcia's blog...what a great page and the journaling is so "real".

Glad to hear you are getting back to some kinda "normal"!

:)