Friday, March 27, 2009

Part Deux of Mels Mojo Madness

Todays layouts are all from the Cocoa Daisy kit(s). Yesterdays post - 2 of the 3 where CD kits. Hanging Out and Goodbye Honey. The Swim one was my own stash.


**************
The layout below is for the Cocoa Daisy Scraplift challenge - all about paper piecing....not my cup of tea but I decided to t.r.y. anyway. I pieced/wove a sheet of papers together. Stuck them on a separate sheet of cardstock and then cut my accents from them.



A nice, clean layout was born. Am happy with it; despite the lack of journalling. I felt justified in swerving the journalling as this photo has already been scrapped in my Glimpses of 2008 album....
This layout tells the tale of our family photo last Christmas...


Okay, here is this story... This is my first attempt at documenting 1 JAn 2009. I felt the layout looked bland and unfinished. I was hesitant to add anything because I wanted the layout to stay clean and uncluttered. I posted it to the CD gallery and immediately LOATHED IT.


So - I added to it....I think it looks w-aaa-y better. What you say? The journalling strips, paper clip and vine round out the visual triangle and make it far more pleasing to my eye.

Thanks for looking! Now saaaayy something....please? Good or bad or indifferent!

5 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

You are on the roll. I have to admit your adding to the last layout just added the sparkle you needed...must be the pink...lol!

Vicki said...

Its amazing what a little tweaking will add to a layout. Have done that to a couple of mine lately too - entered them and then withdrew them for more tweaking! LOL

Sophia said...

Great LOs Mel...

Shayne said...

I def agree that your 2nd take is better - i think it looks great. now waiting for the next scrapping explosion???

Martha said...

What a difference...I love it!!!